Re: Meditation Tip #5829

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2003
      "Gene Poole" <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
      > Habitual reference to external
      > 'authority' reveals an essentially
      > submissive personality.

      So submissive is 'bad'? Ok. So let's just
      forget about the "Thy will be done" stuff?

      > The flipside of submission is
      > domination; you are a nascent
      > dictator.

      Is a nascent dictator someone with
      BO giving dictation?

      > Realize there are no others
      > to give you advice, dominate
      > you, or for you to submit to.

      So you've never been married, eh?

      > Make your universe as you
      > wish it to be. If you have
      > compassion for yourself,
      > your universe will be lovely.

      So that's the formula. OK I'll
      take Hugh Hefner's life.

      > - Ma Hashish Thug Yogi

      LOL! And, admit it - this ain't from no Yogi.
      Fess up - it's from the from the (admitted)
      "Mr Big Meany Bad Guy Gene"
    • Gene Poole
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2003
        >medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > "Gene Poole" <gene_poole@q...> wrote:

        > > Habitual reference to external
        > > 'authority' reveals an essentially
        > > submissive personality.
        >
        > So submissive is 'bad'? Ok. So let's just
        > forget about the "Thy will be done" stuff?

        No, it is not bad, but those who
        seek external authority _think_
        it is bad. Or they should, after
        they read this.

        > > The flipside of submission is
        > > domination; you are a nascent
        > > dictator.
        >
        > Is a nascent dictator someone with
        > BO giving dictation?

        No, it is the cuddly authoritarian,
        deep in every conditioned person.

        > > Realize there are no others
        > > to give you advice, dominate
        > > you, or for you to submit to.
        >
        > So you've never been married, eh?

        Heh heh... don't tell my kids!

        > > Make your universe as you
        > > wish it to be. If you have
        > > compassion for yourself,
        > > your universe will be lovely.
        >
        > So that's the formula. OK I'll
        > take Hugh Hefner's life.

        Be careful. He has lots of big
        tough bodyguards. But on the
        upside, prison life is great for
        meditation, I hear. Maybe
        instead of taking his life, you
        could just slap him around a
        little...

        > > - Ma Hashish Thug Yogi
        >
        > LOL! And, admit it - this ain't from no Yogi.
        > Fess up - it's from the from the (admitted)
        > "Mr Big Meany Bad Guy Gene"

        Man... must be all that meditation, that gives
        you such powerful, penetrating perception.

        Yeah... I am so mean, that... uh...
        the sun itself, flees to the other
        side of the world, every evening!

        ==GP==