Meditation Tip #5829

  • Gene Poole
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2003
      Habitual reference to external
      'authority' reveals an essentially
      submissive personality.

      The flipside of submission is
      domination; you are a nascent
      dictator.

      Realize there are no others
      to give you advice, dominate
      you, or for you to submit to.

      Make your universe as you
      wish it to be. If you have
      compassion for yourself,
      your universe will be lovely.

      - Ma Hashish Thug Yogi
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2003
        "Gene Poole" <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
        > Habitual reference to external
        > 'authority' reveals an essentially
        > submissive personality.

        So submissive is 'bad'? Ok. So let's just
        forget about the "Thy will be done" stuff?

        > The flipside of submission is
        > domination; you are a nascent
        > dictator.

        Is a nascent dictator someone with
        BO giving dictation?

        > Realize there are no others
        > to give you advice, dominate
        > you, or for you to submit to.

        So you've never been married, eh?

        > Make your universe as you
        > wish it to be. If you have
        > compassion for yourself,
        > your universe will be lovely.

        So that's the formula. OK I'll
        take Hugh Hefner's life.

        > - Ma Hashish Thug Yogi

        LOL! And, admit it - this ain't from no Yogi.
        Fess up - it's from the from the (admitted)
        "Mr Big Meany Bad Guy Gene"
      • Gene Poole
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2003
          >medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > "Gene Poole" <gene_poole@q...> wrote:

          > > Habitual reference to external
          > > 'authority' reveals an essentially
          > > submissive personality.
          >
          > So submissive is 'bad'? Ok. So let's just
          > forget about the "Thy will be done" stuff?

          No, it is not bad, but those who
          seek external authority _think_
          it is bad. Or they should, after
          they read this.

          > > The flipside of submission is
          > > domination; you are a nascent
          > > dictator.
          >
          > Is a nascent dictator someone with
          > BO giving dictation?

          No, it is the cuddly authoritarian,
          deep in every conditioned person.

          > > Realize there are no others
          > > to give you advice, dominate
          > > you, or for you to submit to.
          >
          > So you've never been married, eh?

          Heh heh... don't tell my kids!

          > > Make your universe as you
          > > wish it to be. If you have
          > > compassion for yourself,
          > > your universe will be lovely.
          >
          > So that's the formula. OK I'll
          > take Hugh Hefner's life.

          Be careful. He has lots of big
          tough bodyguards. But on the
          upside, prison life is great for
          meditation, I hear. Maybe
          instead of taking his life, you
          could just slap him around a
          little...

          > > - Ma Hashish Thug Yogi
          >
          > LOL! And, admit it - this ain't from no Yogi.
          > Fess up - it's from the from the (admitted)
          > "Mr Big Meany Bad Guy Gene"

          Man... must be all that meditation, that gives
          you such powerful, penetrating perception.

          Yeah... I am so mean, that... uh...
          the sun itself, flees to the other
          side of the world, every evening!

          ==GP==