Re: Meditation Tip #(waterg)8

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2003

      > that "whatever makes you feel
      > secure and loved is fine with me..."?
      > You haven't surfed the fetish boards
      > lately, have you?
      >
      > At any rate, I had a little trouble
      > with the original meditation tip.

      > It reminds me a little of some standardized
      > test I took somewhere, in which I was required
      > to compare 5 groups of statement and rate them
      > for logic. I'd say the group of statements
      > regarding respect might rate pretty low as
      > logic goes. I mean, how does it follow that
      > just because someone is/was yo mama, that they
      > are due respect? It might be a little easier
      > to understand how a Buddha might be due respect,
      > but only slightly. I mean, what's so 'therefore'
      > about it?
      >
      > Also, does the author think that in
      > this culture, that statement offers motivation?
      > I mean, perhaps that group of statements would make more
      > sense in a culture that doesn't have people paying
      > hundreds of dollars to shrinks to help them
      > differentiate from mommy dearest.
      >
      > I don't get it - is there some equivalency being
      > made between motherhood and enlightenment? Because
      > if this is so, I know a fast and fun route to
      > enlightenment... at least for some of us.
      >
      > Sometimes, I think that if all
      > the right words are included in a statement,
      > all pretty and spiritual and all, the statement
      > can get swallowed whole. No questions asked,
      > just pass the next dish of tasty spiritual
      > morsels, please.
      >
      > Don't get me wrong, I love my momma,
      > bless her little heart, and Bob is keeping this
      > list going with the tips, which are very serious,
      > yet strangely humorous.
      >
      > Nina

      Meditation Tip 8A:
      Witness your "inner chatterer" criticize,
      compare, judge, and comment about every
      statement that will lead to its end of
      being in the "master" position of your mind.
      Kir Li Molari
    • Nina
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2003

        http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame53.html
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2003
          "Nina" <murrkis@y...> wrote:
          > > Meditation Tip 8A:
          > > Witness your "inner chatterer" criticize,
          > > compare, judge, and comment about every
          > > statement that will lead to its end of
          > > being in the "master" position of your mind.
          > > Kir Li Molari
          >
          > http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame53.html

          Yes, it's easy to see that this is what you are doing
          by posting the URL, unlike the spontaneous
          comment/tip by Kir Li Molari :-)