Re: Question about pain (from Email)

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26, 2003
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I have gone thru 3 abdominal operations in 8 weeks and
      > need some pain relief meditation. I'm tired of taking pills
      > Thank you.

      Dear group,
      When I post the questions from Email, I have usually given my 2 cents
      worth, and always ask permission to get more help by posting them
      here. For instance, in this case, some of what I answered is below.
      Thank you from Y to all who answered with such valuable pointers. But
      what I want to focus on is one thing he shared with me, and that is
      that, as he put it, 'about 100 years ago' he used to visit Atlantic
      City and sleep under the boardwalk. Well, that struck home, as I did
      that many times in my youth (usually around the Chelsea beach area).
      As I witnessed the memories fill my minds eye, I also remembered how
      valuable memories can be in pain relief. For instance, I thought about
      how sometimes you can go into a patient's room who has intractable
      pain, and just by talking about their youth or a hobby or sport they
      are interested in, the pain is no longer there during the discussion,
      and for quite a while after. BTW, Y's wife happens to be a nurse, and
      I'm sure this is helping him with his physical recovery very much too.
      So what I am getting at is that if you know someone going through
      pain, or have the opportunity to volunteer your time and energy to
      those you don't know, but need help, just by talking with them, you
      will be able to help them tremendously. And of course, you will feel
      ten feet tall yourself, as is the case whenever you do good for others.

      OK here's some of what I replied to Y:

      Dear Y,
      My suggestion is to check out the Visualization of Cellular Healing
      Technique on our web site:
      It actually has many methods, and #8 is specific to pain, but they all
      have potential to help.
      *snip*
      As an RN, I do suggest following your physician's directions for pain
      relief, including taking the meds s/he directs, but I also know that
      meditation can help tremendously. I wish you well.
      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose, President,
      Meditation Society of America
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > I have gone thru 3 abdominal operations in 8 weeks and
        > > need some pain relief meditation. I'm tired of taking pills
        > > Thank you.
        >
        > Dear group,
        > When I post the questions from Email, I have usually given my 2 cents
        > worth, and always ask permission to get more help by posting them
        > here. For instance, in this case, some of what I answered is below.
        > Thank you from Y to all who answered with such valuable pointers. But
        > what I want to focus on is one thing he shared with me, and that is
        > that, as he put it, 'about 100 years ago' he used to visit Atlantic
        > City and sleep under the boardwalk. Well, that struck home, as I did
        > that many times in my youth (usually around the Chelsea beach area).
        > As I witnessed the memories fill my minds eye, I also remembered how
        > valuable memories can be in pain relief. For instance, I thought about
        > how sometimes you can go into a patient's room who has intractable
        > pain, and just by talking about their youth or a hobby or sport they
        > are interested in, the pain is no longer there during the discussion,
        > and for quite a while after. BTW, Y's wife happens to be a nurse, and
        > I'm sure this is helping him with his physical recovery very much too.
        > So what I am getting at is that if you know someone going through
        > pain, or have the opportunity to volunteer your time and energy to
        > those you don't know, but need help, just by talking with them, you
        > will be able to help them tremendously. And of course, you will feel
        > ten feet tall yourself, as is the case whenever you do good for others.
        >
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob
        >
        > OK here's some of what I replied to Y:
        >
        > Dear Y,
        > My suggestion is to check out the Visualization of Cellular Healing
        > Technique on our web site:
        > http://www.meditationsociety.com/week29.html
        > It actually has many methods, and #8 is specific to pain, but they all
        > have potential to help.
        > *snip*
        > As an RN, I do suggest following your physician's directions for pain
        > relief, including taking the meds s/he directs, but I also know that
        > meditation can help tremendously. I wish you well.
        > Peace and blessings,
        > Bob Rose, President,
        > Meditation Society of America

        your pointer is great Bob,