Re: Question about pain (from Email)

  • Gene Poole
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2003
      >medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > I have gone thru 3 abdominal operations in 8 weeks and
      > need some pain relief meditation. I'm tired of taking pills
      > Thank you.

      _1 Ask your Dr about a TENS unit

      _2 Be sure your systemic levels of magnesium,
      the mineral, are maximized.

      _3 Avoid intake of iron.

      _3a Look into using the cell-salt (homeopathic)
      called 'ferrum phos' in 12X potency.

      _4 If you take opiate or opioid pain pills, prepare
      your dose by powdering the pills in a mortar
      and pestle, with a goodly amount of Cal-Mag
      (brand which includes zinc and boron) powder;
      stir the powder into a glass of water which
      contains about 1,000 mg of Alacer brand
      'Emergen-C' powder. Drink after eating.

      The above method will neutralize many of
      the side-effects of pain pills. This should not
      be done with time-release medications.

      _5 Liquid Benedryl (generic: diphenhydramine
      hydrochloride), one ounce before bed, will
      shorten the need for pain meds, and allow
      good sleep.

      Good luck, friend!

      ==Gene Poole==
    • satkartar7
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 25, 2003
        > That's really interesting, Jeff, to see how you approach this.

        yes, it is intwersting; Jeff just
        described the iner-light portion of
        santmat meditation

        > I tend
        > to have a very different approach to pain, one informed by 'no
        > escape', perhaps informed by the monthly facts of this female body,
        > perhaps informed by a sense of 'labor'... but it applies equally well
        > to most any pain.
        >
        > It is that when pain arises, I get square in the middle of it, like a
        > queen squatting in the dirt, and ride it, broad and far. I sink my
        > attention teeth into it, get absorbed by it, become it.
        >
        > I move my body into positions where the pain is more tolerable,
        > whatever positions those may be.
        >
        > Breathing is good, but I give myself permission (I originally wrote
        > persimmon! lol!) to breathe long, slow and deep, or to breathe
        > however I 'need' to, which, btw, even if it is ragged and disrupted
        > in the beginning, usually leads eventually to long, slow and deep,
        > and that 'respiratory wave' which is the 'essential breath'.
        >
        > There is another method, which is to breathe through the pain. Extend
        > the inhalation through the area that hurts, allowing the body to
        > expand in that area with the inhalation, then exhale and relax into
        > the pain, and/or imagine the pain washing out with the exhale, like
        > grains of sand moving with the ocean waves along a beach. If you have
        > trouble feeling the breath move through the pained area, put your
        > hands there and imagine that area welling with the breath.

        yes, this works well: I at times add:
        breath in and send that Prana to the
        parts to heal and breath out the PAIN
        itself

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 26, 2003
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > I have gone thru 3 abdominal operations in 8 weeks and
          > need some pain relief meditation. I'm tired of taking pills
          > Thank you.

          Dear group,
          When I post the questions from Email, I have usually given my 2 cents
          worth, and always ask permission to get more help by posting them
          here. For instance, in this case, some of what I answered is below.
          Thank you from Y to all who answered with such valuable pointers. But
          what I want to focus on is one thing he shared with me, and that is
          that, as he put it, 'about 100 years ago' he used to visit Atlantic
          City and sleep under the boardwalk. Well, that struck home, as I did
          that many times in my youth (usually around the Chelsea beach area).
          As I witnessed the memories fill my minds eye, I also remembered how
          valuable memories can be in pain relief. For instance, I thought about
          how sometimes you can go into a patient's room who has intractable
          pain, and just by talking about their youth or a hobby or sport they
          are interested in, the pain is no longer there during the discussion,
          and for quite a while after. BTW, Y's wife happens to be a nurse, and
          I'm sure this is helping him with his physical recovery very much too.
          So what I am getting at is that if you know someone going through
          pain, or have the opportunity to volunteer your time and energy to
          those you don't know, but need help, just by talking with them, you
          will be able to help them tremendously. And of course, you will feel
          ten feet tall yourself, as is the case whenever you do good for others.

          OK here's some of what I replied to Y:

          Dear Y,
          My suggestion is to check out the Visualization of Cellular Healing
          Technique on our web site:
          It actually has many methods, and #8 is specific to pain, but they all
          have potential to help.
          *snip*
          As an RN, I do suggest following your physician's directions for pain
          relief, including taking the meds s/he directs, but I also know that
          meditation can help tremendously. I wish you well.
          Peace and blessings,
          Bob Rose, President,
          Meditation Society of America
        • satkartar7
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 26, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > I have gone thru 3 abdominal operations in 8 weeks and
            > > need some pain relief meditation. I'm tired of taking pills
            > > Thank you.
            >
            > Dear group,
            > When I post the questions from Email, I have usually given my 2 cents
            > worth, and always ask permission to get more help by posting them
            > here. For instance, in this case, some of what I answered is below.
            > Thank you from Y to all who answered with such valuable pointers. But
            > what I want to focus on is one thing he shared with me, and that is
            > that, as he put it, 'about 100 years ago' he used to visit Atlantic
            > City and sleep under the boardwalk. Well, that struck home, as I did
            > that many times in my youth (usually around the Chelsea beach area).
            > As I witnessed the memories fill my minds eye, I also remembered how
            > valuable memories can be in pain relief. For instance, I thought about
            > how sometimes you can go into a patient's room who has intractable
            > pain, and just by talking about their youth or a hobby or sport they
            > are interested in, the pain is no longer there during the discussion,
            > and for quite a while after. BTW, Y's wife happens to be a nurse, and
            > I'm sure this is helping him with his physical recovery very much too.
            > So what I am getting at is that if you know someone going through
            > pain, or have the opportunity to volunteer your time and energy to
            > those you don't know, but need help, just by talking with them, you
            > will be able to help them tremendously. And of course, you will feel
            > ten feet tall yourself, as is the case whenever you do good for others.
            >
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob
            >
            > OK here's some of what I replied to Y:
            >
            > Dear Y,
            > My suggestion is to check out the Visualization of Cellular Healing
            > Technique on our web site:
            > http://www.meditationsociety.com/week29.html
            > It actually has many methods, and #8 is specific to pain, but they all
            > have potential to help.
            > *snip*
            > As an RN, I do suggest following your physician's directions for pain
            > relief, including taking the meds s/he directs, but I also know that
            > meditation can help tremendously. I wish you well.
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob Rose, President,
            > Meditation Society of America

            your pointer is great Bob,