Journal Entry-Eve

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 5 5:11 AM
      Date: September 5
      Time: 7:25
      Duration: 35minutes
      Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, hands resting on knees,
      palms up
      Technique: Body and breath awareness
      Variation: Chanted OM silently

      Not much to say about today's session. Mind chatter was very high,
      and my concentration was so-so. Didn't seem to really get in
      a "witnessing" space. I'm feeling kind of blah today. Slight headache
      and a little cranky.
    • Tony
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 15, 2002
        Hi Eve,

        The sound you can hear comes up not only during meditation but at any time
        you become present enough to "listen" to yourself.

        I have found I have up to 5 or more different voices depending on the
        situation and my frame of mind. My typical voice is a logical, reasoning
        type of person - a bit like a college professor I think! I sometimes have
        the voice of child-like astonishment. A very long time ago (over 25 years) I
        was very surprised to hear a dark, mysterious, frightening voice telling me
        to stop playing mind games and go to sleep.

        As you get to know your different voices you get a better picture of your
        frame of mind at the time. The next stage might involve switching voices
        when you need a different way of looking at a situation. A further stage
        still might be inventing a new voice to achieve a desired effect. But maybe
        that is going too far in the wrong direction. Keeping it simple might be a
        better approach. If it happens we notice a change in voice at any time we
        can simply take that into account.

        ...Tony