meditation in Schools

  • NancySueH
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2002
      I would like to see meditation in all schools in the United States,
      Does anyone have any infomation on any schools currently
      offering it?

      Thank you

      Nancy
    • tjperez
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2002
        I can see a lot of opposition to that. Many people associate
        meditation with non-Christianity and that causes problems in this
        country (US). True meditation takes time and training and I don't
        see enough interest to carry that through.

        I do believe there should be a quiet period when the students are
        free to read, think, or meditate if they so desire.

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "NancySueH" <hano@w...>