presence: pure meditation

  • satkartar7
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2003
      On one hand, we learn how to retain
      the state of Presence and on the other,
      how to be with the state, how to sit
      in it.

      Now we are entering the realm
      of Shikan-taza or pure meditation. When
      one is aware of the Presence, it is
      like the feeling of waking up in this
      very moment. There is a sort of
      gentle movement within our inner state
      as if the observing intelligence was
      meeting its inner Presence.

      It is as if they were one and two at
      the same time. In the state of meditation
      the observing consciousness becomes
      relaxed and the state of Presence can
      rest upon itself. This is what we
      call just sitting or Shikan-taza.

      The practitioner checks very gently from
      time to time, whether the inner center
      is present, and simultaneously drops
      into the non-doing, into the state
      emptied of the personal will.