Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Question

  • soniya butani
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 23, 2003

      Dear Graham,

      well well well that does remind me to be in the "ACCECPTANCE MODE" that would solve most of our problems.Jo hua accha hua.. jo nahin hua ..woh usse accha hua ..hai na? (What happens happens for the best..and what does not happen is still better as it was not supposed to happen)

      Acceptance is not a state of passivity or inaction. I am not saying you can't change the world, right wrongs, or replace evil with good. Acceptance is, in fact, the first step to successful action. If you don't fully accept a situation precisely the way it is, you will have difficulty changing it. Moreover, if you don't fully accept the situation, you will never really know if the situation should be changed. Do you'll agree with me?

      well i would like to use this oppurtunity to introduce myself to this group

      My name is Soniya from india ..Bombay..Associated with a Stress management group since a long time. and a moderator of a e-group on yahoo, which deals on meditation /stress/pranayam ect. i would also like to be of help to anyone who would like to know about any relevant topic connected to these.

      my email id is  sonbut@... or the group id is gurumaa@yahoogroups.com

      hope this will be a long interaction of like minded people

      I Love You

      Soniya

    • Namasivayam
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 23, 2003
        Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 10:48 AM
        Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Question

        Dear Graham,
        I guess that we can agree that you actually haven't "gotten over"
        the stress issue if your mind keeps pulling you back to it. There
        is a possibility that meditation (Raja Yoga) could be helpful to
        you. It's all about taming the mind and having you be its master,
        and not its slave. This does depend on the type of stress you have
        been going through, but if you do feel that meditation could benefit
        you, I am confident that there are many knowledgeable and
        compassionate people in this group who will be glad to give you
        wise guidance. We are here to help.
        "Graham" <cool_55426@y...> wrote:
        > I have just reacently gotten over a major stress issue... yet I
        > contuine to find my mind drifting back to it. I don't really know
        > what to do, and have a small handful of people to talk to it about.
        > Can anyone help me?

      • Graham
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 23, 2003
          I suspose your right... I never did accpet life how it turned out.
          My vision was to at least have a world where at least everyone would
          find a way to be peaceful to one another. I can try this acceptance
          mode. I just have hard time seeing fights and arguements. Thanks for
          your advice. :)
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "soniya butani"

        • texasbg2000
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 23, 2003
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Graham"
            <cool_55426@y...> wrote:
            > I suspose your right... I never did accpet life how it turned out.
            > My vision was to at least have a world where at least everyone
            would
            > find a way to be peaceful to one another. I can try this acceptance
            > mode. I just have hard time seeing fights and arguements. Thanks
            for
            > your advice. :)

            dear Graham:

            As an old guy, what I do best is give advice. I have two sons now
            aged 27 and 28 that i raised as a single parent since they were 2 and
            4.

            I think the idea of accepatance is not just accepting the status
            quo. i think the recognition that there is a need for change is also
            acceptance.

            Sometimes we won't accept the thing we need to change to. When the
            stimulation to be involved in a particular activity exists it is for
            a reason. For instance the desire to make money is not stimulation
            enough for some people. The way the money is made is more
            important. You might not want to take a dead end job because there
            is something you want to do but don't know what it is. This may keep
            you from getting hired at a dead end job because the personnel
            director is trained to see that.

            Accepting others opinion of your best assets is also a start. It can
            be hard to see oneself in context with the world instead of in
            conflict with it.

            There is a lot of advice out there waiting for takers. In my book
            the most powerful force for networking your way out of any problem is
            relentless unremitting friendliness. Friendliness to people, ideas,
            and oneself. When you find an idea you don't like, don't be mad at
            it. That pulls it to you. Be friendly to it and it will let you go
            because you are not right for it.

            Love
            Bobby G.
          • Graham
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 23, 2003
              It's not that I don't want to take a dead end job... It is that
              sometimes other people are too dumb to realize what a great guy I
              am. I am friendly, strong, hard working and can very well get along
              with the rules. I don't need to change that. I don't need to change
              much at all expect for my exloding temper somedays. People tell me I
              need to change. But what into? There is nothing left to change into
              but mean, as far as I know. Can you change from really nice to super
              nice without going onto the nice freak mode? *explains that the nice
              freak mode, is someone who is nice to everyone and about everything.
              Really kind of a bother to many people* I contuine to pray that
              things will change.

            • texasbg2000
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 23, 2003
                <cool_55426@y...> wrote:
                > It's not that I don't want to take a dead end job... It is that
                > sometimes other people are too dumb to realize what a great guy I
                > am. I am friendly, strong, hard working and can very well get along
                > with the rules. I don't need to change that. I don't need to change
                > much at all expect for my exloding temper somedays. People tell me
                > need to change. But what into? There is nothing left to change into
                > but mean, as far as I know. Can you change from really nice to
                super
                > nice without going onto the nice freak mode? *explains that the
                nice
                > freak mode, is someone who is nice to everyone and about
                everything.
                > Really kind of a bother to many people* I contuine to pray that
                > things will change.

                I agree Graham, the 'really nice thing' is a bother to lots of
                people, me included.

                I think it is more stressful now in the workplace than it was when I
                took off to find a place. That was 1969 and all you had to do was
                stick out your thumb to go somewhere, and get a job when you wanted
                to work. People were not so suspicious as they are now.

                I watched my sons and their friends a few years ago, when they tried
                to find work and a place to live on their own for the first time. It
                was hard. It was not their fault but it worked out okay in the end.

                The meditation is a good thing. If you get sleepy during meditation,
                don't stop. Go through the sleepiness to the other side as often as
                you can. Soon you will stop getting sleepy and you will make more
                progress quicker that way. When the spirit is calm something great
                will find you.

                Love
                Bobby G.

                > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Graham"
                > > <cool_55426@y...> wrote:
                > > > I suspose your right... I never did accpet life how it turned
                > out.
                > > > My vision was to at least have a world where at least everyone
                > > would
                > > > find a way to be peaceful to one another. I can try this
                > acceptance
                > > > mode. I just have hard time seeing fights and arguements.
                Thanks
                > > for
                > > > your advice. :)
                > >
                > > dear Graham:
                > >
                > > As an old guy, what I do best is give advice. I have two sons
                now
                > > aged 27 and 28 that i raised as a single parent since they were 2
                > and
                > > 4.
                > >
                > > I think the idea of accepatance is not just accepting the status
                > > quo. i think the recognition that there is a need for change is
                > also
                > > acceptance.
                > >
                > > Sometimes we won't accept the thing we need to change to. When
                > the
                > > stimulation to be involved in a particular activity exists it is
                > for
                > > a reason. For instance the desire to make money is not
                > stimulation
                > > enough for some people. The way the money is made is more
                > > important. You might not want to take a dead end job because
                > there
                > > is something you want to do but don't know what it is. This may
                > keep
                > > you from getting hired at a dead end job because the personnel
                > > director is trained to see that.
                > >
                > > Accepting others opinion of your best assets is also a start. It
                > can
                > > be hard to see oneself in context with the world instead of in
                > > conflict with it.
                > >
                > > There is a lot of advice out there waiting for takers. In my
                book
                > > the most powerful force for networking your way out of any
                problem
                > is
                > > relentless unremitting friendliness. Friendliness to people,
                > ideas,
                > > and oneself. When you find an idea you don't like, don't be mad
                > at
                > > it. That pulls it to you. Be friendly to it and it will let you
                > go
                > > because you are not right for it.
                > >
                > > Love
                > > Bobby G.
              • Graham
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 23, 2003
                  Bobby, your right. My mother has told me, my teacher has told me.
                  Other people have told me. The job market is hard. I of course will
                  contuine to try and get a job.

                • Jason Fishman
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 24, 2003
                    You are the mechanism that perpetuates the human
                    condition. Within such a condition is the presence of
                    a good and bad being, doing nice and not so nice
                    actions to nice and not so nice others. It is not your
                    goal to please these others, these mechanisms that
                    also are invovled with your perpetuation.

                    Part of this understanding invovles relational
                    understandings, such as Joe had a bad day and this is
                    why. The other part invovles being the other, the one
                    that requires a seperation from Joe, his bad day and
                    his why.

                    As a memeber of such a perpetuation, the fruit is
                    rarely in the outcome, but in the slant along the
                    road. Those that strive to be a better human
                    mechanism, through work choices, through relationship
                    choices, through monitary gains or through spiritual
                    endevours all follow along with this exact program.

                    Having the thought that YOU have the best job or
                    relationship or the most money or the best whole
                    hearted spirit, does not give a YOU an advantage over
                    the others that play by the same set of rules. There
                    is a point when THROUGH not only becomes the way, but
                    is the only way, which breaks down all rise and fall
                    of good and bad in which you only follow this
                    perpetuation perfectly without effort. This perfection
                    gives up new ways to be of the rise and fall.

                    Within this understanding of the process of the
                    mechanism, every single veiwpoint comes into focus,
                    from the muderous villan to the saint, from the Joe
                    with a bad day to the Jane that is always happy go
                    lucky. The rules never change, there is only a you
                    that bends to fit into any catagory of the human
                    mechanism.

                    Peace and Love

                    --- texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@...> wrote:
> [...]
                    > the personnel
                    > > > director is trained to see that.
                    > > >
                    > > > Accepting others opinion of your best assets is
                    > also a start. It
                    > > can
                    > > > be hard to see oneself in context with the world
                    > instead of in
                    > > > conflict with it.
                    > > >
                    > > > There is a lot of advice out there waiting for
                    > takers. In my
                    > book
                    > > > the most powerful force for networking your way
                    > out of any
                    > problem
                    > > is
                    > > > relentless unremitting friendliness.
                    > Friendliness to people,
                    > > ideas,
                    > > > and oneself. When you find an idea you don't
                    > like, don't be mad
                    > > at
                    > > > it. That pulls it to you. Be friendly to it and

                    http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                  • texasbg2000
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 25, 2003
                      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                      > You are the mechanism that perpetuates the human
                      > condition. Within such a condition is the presence of
                      > a good and bad being, doing nice and not so nice
                      > actions to nice and not so nice others. It is not your
                      > goal to please these others, these mechanisms that
                      > also are invovled with your perpetuation.
                      >
                      > Part of this understanding invovles relational
                      > understandings, such as Joe had a bad day and this is
                      > why. The other part invovles being the other, the one
                      > that requires a seperation from Joe, his bad day and
                      > his why.
                      >
                      > As a memeber of such a perpetuation, the fruit is
                      > rarely in the outcome, but in the slant along the
                      > road. Those that strive to be a better human
                      > mechanism, through work choices, through relationship
                      > choices, through monitary gains or through spiritual
                      > endevours all follow along with this exact program.
                      >
                      > Having the thought that YOU have the best job or
                      > relationship or the most money or the best whole
                      > hearted spirit, does not give a YOU an advantage over
                      > the others that play by the same set of rules. There
                      > is a point when THROUGH not only becomes the way, but
                      > is the only way, which breaks down all rise and fall
                      > of good and bad in which you only follow this
                      > perpetuation perfectly without effort. This perfection
                      > gives up new ways to be of the rise and fall.
                      >
                      > Within this understanding of the process of the
                      > mechanism, every single veiwpoint comes into focus,
                      > from the muderous villan to the saint, from the Joe
                      > with a bad day to the Jane that is always happy go
                      > lucky. The rules never change, there is only a you
                      > that bends to fit into any catagory of the human
                      > mechanism.
                      >
                      > Peace and Love

                      Well said Jason. This brings the subject back to the universal
                      level, where people are all the same. When I am able to put myself
                      in the shoes of the other guy I understand my own place a lot
                      better.

                      Another thought on this is that strong feelings of anger or
                      inadequacy can be cyclic. Seeing the rhythms of when we feel good or
                      bad can indicate a source. I think the source is many times not what
                      we think it is. The mind has been shown to present the wrong cause
                      when the real cause is uncomfortable to the self image.

                      Patanjali mentions "covered ignorance" as ignorance that hides
                      another type of ignorance.

                    • Jason Fishman
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 27, 2003
> [...]
                        > > mechanism.
                        > >
                        > > Peace and Love
                        >
                        > Well said Jason. This brings the subject back to
                        > the universal
                        > level, where people are all the same. When I am
                        > able to put myself
                        > in the shoes of the other guy I understand my own
                        > place a lot
                        > better.
                        >
                        > Another thought on this is that strong feelings of
                        > anger or
                        > inadequacy can be cyclic. Seeing the rhythms of
                        > when we feel good or
                        > bad can indicate a source. I think the source is
                        > many times not what
                        > we think it is. The mind has been shown to present
                        > the wrong cause
                        > when the real cause is uncomfortable to the self
                        > image.
                        >
                        > Patanjali mentions "covered ignorance" as ignorance

                        Thanks for this share Bobby. It seems that the human
                        condition is ignorance supreme, which is the puresty
                        birthright of this conditioning and independence from
                        the other.

                        There comes a point in which ignorance is broken
                        through, inner and outer are no longer the factor for
                        such thoughtless demands. As this moment comes forth,
                        there is only a mirror of ones nature that shines
                        among the masses of independence. At that point, there
                        can no longer be ignorance of self, no flight to
                        unification or any behavioral system in place
                        anywhere. What is gravely understood, is fought at
                        every corner from those that run to independence, to
                        this birthright that has no basis within the human
                        condition. To not give up this ghost, is ignorance
                        supreme.

                        Source at this point is also meaningless. To prescribe
                        a source of infection is also to treat the disease of
                        creation. What is also appearent is that there is no
                        moving away or toward unity among independent beings.
                        Meaning, the perpetuation of the whole is the move, of
                        which no being throughout the entire exsistent plane
                        of conditions is apart from, can reverse, manipulate
                        or concur. A self fullfilling prophesy grandiose and
                        one that waxes and wanes endlessly.

                        There are a growing number of cultural beliefs that
                        are essential to such a condition. The belief that
                        strength is the understanding of death and the
                        knowledge that a victim of fear is hardly an inoccent
                        one. This non-ignorance brings peace and comfort to a
                        culture of condtioned beings. Ahhh, someone that fully
                        examplifies this may shine through eventually, Gandi
                        was close and brought about such a movement.

                        Some sunday morning thoughts.

                        Peace and Love

                        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com