Nasrudin Makes a Monkey Out Of A Monkey

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2003
      Nasrudin decided to look for special plants in the jungle and soon
      discovered he was lost. Wandering about, he noticed a leopard heading
      rapidly in his direction, with the obvious intention of having lunch.
      Then he noticed some bones on the ground close by, and immediately
      settled down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat.
      Just as the leopard was about to leap, Nasrudin exclaimed loudly,
      "Man, that was one delicious leopard. I wonder if there are any
      more around here?"
      Hearing this, the leopard halted his attack in mid stride, and a
      look of terror came over him, and he slunk away into the trees.
      "Whew", said the leopard, "that was close. That man nearly had me!"
      Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene
      from a nearby tree, figured he could put this knowledge to good
      use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So, off he
      went. But Nasrudin saw him heading after the leopard with great
      speed, and figured that something must be up.
      The monkey soon caught up with the leopard, spilled the beans
      and struck a deal with the leopard. The cat was furious at being
      made a fool of and said, "Here monkey, hop on my back and see
      what's going to happen to that conniving Mullah."
      But Nasrudin saw the leopard coming with the monkey on his
      back. Instead of running, the Mullah sat down with his back to his
      attackers pretending he hadn't seen them yet.
      And just when they got close enough to hear, Nasrudin said,
      "Where's that monkey? I just can never trust him. I sent him
      an hour ago to bring me another leopard, and he's still not back!"