Journal Entry-Eve September 3

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2002
      Date: September 3
      Time: 8:05
      Duration: 45minutes
      Position: Sitting in chair, eyes closed, hands resting on knees,
      palms up
      Technique: Body and breath awareness
      Variation: Chanted OM silently

      My concentration was pretty good today. Although instead of improving
      as my session progressed, it seemed to get worse. At one point I
      noticed I was still chanting OM, even though I had gotten lost in a
      thought. My neck and shoulders were feeling stiff halfway though, so
      I rolled my head around to stretch, while I kept meditating.
      Otherwise, my body felt relaxed and comfortable. My mind chatter was
      medium today, and about nothing in particular. A couple memories came
      to me from my childhood, but they were about nothing significant. It
      caused me to ask "Where do thoughts and memories come from, when they
      just pop up, seemingly out of nowhere?" Are they inside my head, or
      outside of me somehow? It's interesting. Today's session was a little
      longer than normal. I felt relaxed and calm afterwards.