Re: questions

  • riverjohn777
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
      BAROMETER OF SPIRITUAL PROGRESS
      By

      SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA
      Here is an infallible barometer to find out the degree of your
      spiritual progress. How would you feel, if:

      Your clean hands or best clothes are stained.
      You stumbled down or commit a blunder and are laughed at.
      You are hurt accidentally or stung by an insect or scorpion.
      You suffer from illness or pain.
      You do not succeed in your efforts.
      You do not get a thing that you want, or find that some thing you
      possess is missing.
      You are kept waiting for a long time by some other person.
      You are insulted or abused for no reason.
      Others fail in their duties towards you.
      You suffer a loss or bereavement.
      If none of these can disturb your peace of mind and you are
      indifferent to them, you have won the struggle and achieved 50% self
      control. God sends trials and troubles to strengthen your character:
      Greet them and test yourself.

      Swami Sivananda

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., venkataraman M <mvr6482@y...>
      wrote:
      > namaste to all
      > Can somebody clarify the following?
      > How to gauge the spiritual developement of people?
      > what are the indicators?
      > How to where to improve and which aspect has to be improved?
      > How to interpret our failures in life or success in life from the
      spiritual angle?
      > why people are less friendly as we become more spiritually inclined?
      > How to be more successful in the physical / material world without
      leaving spirituality.
      > thanks for the answers in anticipation?
      >
      > M venkataraman
      >

      > =====
      > M Venkataraman
      > kalpakkam

      __
      > Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's
      Free!!
      > visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com
    • eveneon
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
        wrote:
        > namaste to all
        > Can somebody clarify the following?
        > How to gauge the spiritual developement of people?

        What people? I would just ask that question about yourself. And only
        you can figure out the answer.

        > what are the indicators?

        I would say greater peace of mind. And greater awareness of yourself.

        > How to where to improve and which aspect has to be improved?

        Only you know what you need to improve on. Maybe it's nothing, just
        accepting how you are.

        > How to interpret our failures in life or success in life from the
        spiritual angle?

        This one I can't answer.

        > why people are less friendly as we become more spiritually inclined?

        Perhaps it's just that as you become more spiritually inclined, you
        just notice it more when other people aren't friendly.

        > How to be more successful in the physical / material world without
        leaving spirituality.

        Again I would say that you have to figure that out for yourself. It's
        not the same for everyone.

        > thanks for the answers in anticipation?

        They are good questions. Good luck finding your answers.

        Eve