9863heart and mind Re: Self-Improvement & Physical Practices

  • Nina
    Jul 4 6:43 AM
      Hi, Tony,

      It seems there is a tendency to denigrate the affects of embodied and
      ego-ed life, which include the ability to set goals, to entertain a
      practice (physical or otherwise), to experience suffering and pain,
      to listen to the mind. It seems there is also a parallel tendency to
      elevate residing in the heart, letting go of action, desire, and
      connection to the ego and body.

      What I observe is that these two 'ends' are merely that, ends of a
      spectrum, which is, perhaps, more of a cycle. Permanent residence in
      one or the other, seems to be a sham. To say one residence is better
      than the other, reveals an attraction to one and an aversion to the
      other, but it also reveals the particular place one happens to be on
      the cycle.

      So, if the pressures of bearing the ego and body have become too
      oppressive, then why not remind oneself of the other end of the
      spectrum? Conversely, if the dissociations and detachments
      commensurate with the other end have left you unable to engage life,
      or even to admit that you are a living being, capable of being
      differentiated, then why not bend in that direction for a bit?

      Somewhere, between the two, is a fine balance point, where both ends
      may be equally appreciated. Instead of 'either or', it is a case
      of 'both and'.

      That said, my goal for today is to get my wallsections drawn and
      start on those roof details. Hop to, girl! You have a deadline! No
      heart until mind is finished! Right! Lol!

      Nina

    • Show all 53 messages in this topic