898Journal Entry - August 15 - tosime

  • Tony
    Aug 15, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: August 15
      Variation: None
      Time: 07:20 a.m.
      Duration: 71 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed, tongue tip to pallet, hands on knees-index finger
      touching thumb
      Condition: Darkened room. Two candles. Incense. Essential Oil - (Bergamot
      + water on burner). Bell.
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: one (slight).
      Experience: Good session - Satisfying

      Result: Was not sure if I would continue with yesterday's exploration of
      sense awareness. I "went with the flow" and was simply open to whatever
      happened. Good session, a lot of exploration and discovery. Detected that
      mind chatter went in waves. From periods of high activity to periods of low
      activity (when I made no attempt to still the mind). I noticed that mind
      chatter seemed to be linked to some activity in the brain that corresponded
      to the volume and complexity of internal sounds and not necessarily the
      level of physical relaxation. This prompts me to believe that our minds
      could be racing under the surface even when we appear physically and
      mentally relaxed.

      I forgot to unplug the telephone so the very faint sound of the phone
      ringing brought me out of my session.

      Note: I find that meditation is an excellent way of understanding how my
      mind works, especially what may be happening under the surface.
    • Show all 99 messages in this topic