8826Re: Frustration/O

  • mlcanow
    Jun 2, 2003
      Oh, yes, of course, to make them conscious of the game of
      social/personal interests, and false identifications. The game of
      power and authority. In short, the game of the worst of the ego
      thing. Conditioning, the pretention of the system to make you enter
      the system, for the sake of the system. Nausea.

      For Oniko:
      But it shall be important that you can watch this for yourself. If
      you are deluded, it is quite difficult to teach your children and
      anybody about delusion. So to help others, first help yourself. If
      we are conditioned, if we believe in systems, authorities, laws, the
      shoulds and shouldnt's, well.......quite difficult to teach any
      children to be aware, and much less free from the influence of the
      owning thing, of the game of consumism and all the isms as fascism,
      etc. (What about comunism, budhism, christianism, hinduism, judaism,
      and all these isms?????) Certainly love hasn't been called lovism.
      Aware-ism? Ok, so let's be aware (discrimination)of the good parts
      of the isms, if any.

      maria luisa

      PS: Love, truth, righteousness, peace, non-violence are out of any
      ism.

      <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
      > "Onniko" <onniko@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > How many children do you have, Gene?
      > > What are some ways you have to
      > > make them feel that they aren't owned by you?
      >
      > My two sons, one is 18,
      > the other is 21.
      >
      > From their earliest days,
      > I taught them how communication
      > works, with a strong emphasis on
      > being able to identify bullshit, and
      > especially the telltales of domination
      > and control.
      >
      > They are in no danger of falling
      > prey to any sort of fascism, including
      > the too-common 'value-fascism'
      > which runs rampant in our cultures.
      >
      > They are able to immediately identify
      > the authoritarian personality, as it
      > presents itself in any form, be it in
      > person, in a media presentation, or
      > in writing.
      >
      > They are essentially immune to being
      > wrangled by any sort of control-freak,
      > Onniko.
      >

      > ==Gene Poole==
      >
      > Immunity does not
      > produce impunity
      >

      > > > 'Hindsight shows how often yesterday's so-called truth
      > > > may become today's absurdity. Real ability is to respect
      > > > relative truth without damaging oneself by refusing to
      > > > realize that it will be superseded. When you observe that
      > > > today's controversies often reveal not relevance but the
      > > > clash of the untaught with the wrongly taught, and when
      > > > you can endure this knowledge without cynicism, as a
      > > > lover of humankind, greater compensations will be open to
      > > > you than a sense of your own importance or satisfaction in
      > > > thinking about the unreliability of others.'
      > > >
      > > > From 'A Perfumed Scorpion' Idries Shah
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic