8796Re: Frustration

  • texasbg2000
    May 31, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Onniko"
      <onniko@y...> wrote:
      > <ps-the frustration of driving a car in heavy traffic is the same
      > for
      > everybody. If you are waiting to pull out into heavy traffic you
      > will tick off either the person you pull out in front of or the
      > person behind you when you don't pull out in front of someone.>
      >
      > Haha, do you believe that everything in life is a symbol? If so,
      > what do you think heavy traffic means?

      Just as in dreams where each element of the dream is an aspect of
      myself I think everything I notice in life is an aspect of me.

      Symbolically it may mean I am being pushed around because I fear
      others being ticked off at me. Or maybe I want to avoid trouble but
      can't. Or I get impatient with people who do that to me.

      What do you think it means, Onniko?

      Bobby G.

      > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > > Frustration has some interesting facets I think.
      > >
      > > The frustration of a scrub lady working twenty years to get by
      and
      > > pay bills would be different in type from the frustration of a
      > > socialite of wealth spending twenty years buying things and is
      > > frustrated that the thrill has gone out of. The depression of
      > each
      > > would be similar but the connection to the environment is very
      > > different.
      > >
      > > The frustration of someone who feels they are missing something
      in
      > > their life of going along with the status quo of culture would be
      > > different from the frustration of the revolutionary who can't get
      > his
      > > message out.
      > >
      > > The frustration of the star crossed loser would be different from
      > the
      > > frustration of the religious leader who can't get people to see
      > happy
      > > they would be if they took up his religion.
      > >
      > > The frustration of the artist who cannot make the perfect
      painting
      > > would be different from the frustration of the person who wishes
      > they
      > > could express themselves as an artist.
      > >
      > > Being foiled just seems to be part of what happens when we see
      > > ourselves in relationship to others.
      > >
      > > Love
      > > Bobby G.
      > >
      > > ps-the frustration of driving a car in heavy traffic is the same
      > for
      > > everybody. If you are waiting to pull out into heavy traffic you
      > > will tick off either the person you pull out in front of or the
      > > person behind you when you don't pull out in front of someone.
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic