      From: medit8ionsociety
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 08:39 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Deleted Posts and Unsubscriptions

      Hi all. I just wanted to let you know that there may be times that I
      have to act as a moderator of this group and delete messages and even
      unsubscribe members. This will only occur when something completely
      unrighteous is going on. For instance, I have removed a few people
      for blatant racism, and for personal attacks that have no other point
      than to hurt.
      --------

      Incidents of blatant racism, any ism, personal attacks, have actually, fantastic potentialities.

      In a medium of communication such as the Net, all that is really happening are some signs appearing on a PC screen.

      In themselves, they are nothing but squiggly signs.

      The appearing meaning,the "felt" meaning, which might elate or hurt the viewer of these squiggly stuff, is the meaning that the viewer attaches to those signs.

      Thus there is really no racism or personal attack, intrinsic either in squiggly signs or in the sounds when "words" are uttered.

      Yes "racism" may be felt, one may feel "attacked".

      Which is a function of one's state of conditioning.

      And thus the personal hurt or anger or irritation, if it arises, exposes this conditioning.

      And if this exposure occurs, one must actually be grateful to the racist attacker, for that profound gift.

      It's like this.

      I call somebody an asshole.
      And he or she gets mighty upset.

      The upset only validates the belief held by that person, that my calling him or her an asshole, makes him or her, one.

      I say Jesus was the biggest idiot going around and was nearly rivalled by Mohammed.
      And you are ready to issue a "fatwa" on me for that blashphemy.

      It just shows, that your Jesus or your Mohammed, is quite a very weak character, for you believe that my mere utterances makes them idiots.

      If not, how can you be upset?

      I am all for total free-for-all (with a limit, as to, if it is becoming totally one to one, for it to be continued off-List, given that band-widths do cost, everybody).

      After all, all key boards, I am told come with the del key.

      Keep that well oiled and you are OK, with all varities of mud-wrestlings.

      LOL.

      I am open to opinions that my doing these type things
      is inappropriate,
      -------

      There is nothing inappropriate in Life.

      ---------