7255[Meditation Society of America] Re: Email questions about 3rd Eye and comments during meditation

  • texasbg2000
    Apr 30, 2003
      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

      > > > I wouldn't mind hearing how either of you know
      > > that
      > > > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
      > > > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
      > > > especially one that is about the understanding
      > > neither
      > > > state?
      > > >
      > > > Peace and Love
      > >
      > > Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her
      > > perspective.
      > >
      > > for myself when I meditated I got to a place that
      > > seemed deep.
      >
      > Jason: Yes depth, the shallow end of what we would all
      > care to experience. Moving, powerful & overwhelming.
      > As to say this is heaven or hell, either being deep
      > states of good or badness.

      No, not my meaning. With deep meditation at least in my case,
      thoughts slow and very few ideas are presented. The recurring one
      was will I be posessed, i.e., is the idea of meditation a misleading
      conspiracy to get people to submit to a loss of control of themselves.

      I found that idea to be wrong but only after I was 'at the end of my
      rope'.

      > > It seemed like if I went any further I would lose
      > > control. I told
      > > myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I
      > > had wasted my time
      > > and had never really been willing to face my fears.
      >
      > Jason: yes I understand this practice. On what one
      > would call a control issue, wouldn't someone with a
      > serious intent to kill, holding a gun to anothers head
      > be quite the same practice? Would you say there is a
      > better sense of control when one does this on their
      > own?

      could you go into this a little more? I dont understand your meaning.
      I actually sat down and waited to die.

      > > I practiced a
      > > small affirmation that when the time came I would
      > > not back off
      > > again. So I was graced with Samadhi.
      >
      > Jason: hmm, ponderous.

      I have done this a lot, get prepared for thoughts that I expect to
      return. You seem critical? Could you explain please?

      > > The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that
      > > does not know
      > > monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist
      > > because they have not
      > > lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave.
      > > It seems silly now
      > > but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not
      > > seen it since.
      > >
      > > The question of negative or positive has to answered
      > > in context to an
      > > event and not as one of the rules in an objective
      > > universe that we
      > > must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during
      > > meditation are bad.
      >
      > Jason: I see, some thoughts outloud we share, thank
      > you! Fear of the unknown, the demon of all goodness
      > perhaps?

      I don't see goodness as an entity and as I explained I gave up the
      possibility of the demon.

      > Peace and Love

      Love
      Bobby G.