7252[Meditation Society of America] Re: Email questions about 3rd Eye and comments during meditation

  • texasbg2000
    Apr 30, 2003
      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      > I wouldn't mind hearing ho weither of you know that
      > it's bad? In what way does one notice the
      > manifistation of bad or good during any practice,
      > especially one that is about the understanding neither
      > state?
      >
      > Peace and Love

      Good point Jason. I will let Karta answer from her perspective.

      for myself when I meditated I got to a place that seemed deep.
      It seemed like if I went any further I would lose control. I told
      myself i was willing to die but I had to know if I had wasted my time
      and had never really been willing to face my fears. I practiced a
      small affirmation that when the time came I would not back off
      again. So I was graced with Samadhi.

      The fears were of the unknown. Like a child that does not know
      monsters of the supernatural kind do not exist because they have not
      lived enough to know, I had to learn to be brave. It seems silly now
      but the fear was like a wisp of smoke and I have not seen it since.

      The question of negative or positive has to answered in context to an
      event and not as one of the rules in an objective universe that we
      must somehow find. In that sense, thoughts during meditation are bad.

      Love
      Bobby G.

      > --- satkartar7 <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
      > > "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
      > > medit8ionsociety
      > > evil spirits during
      > > harm me and how to
      > > > deal
      > > comment must not be
      > > will happen if one
      > > >
      > > > Dear SH:
      > > >
      > > > That was a very real fear in me also for many
      > > years, that I would be
      > > > possessed if I turned loose and submitted to the
      > > meditation.
      > > >
      > > > For me it turned out that when I said to myself
      > > that I was willing to
      > > > die to know what it is like to submit, that the
      > > fear was overcome.
      > > >
      > > > This told me it was really a fear of death I was
      > > recoiling from, and
      > > > that the demon fear was covering my fear of death.
      > > >
      > > > Commenting during meditation is very similar to
      > > just "knowing".
      > > > Knowing is acceptable. I hope someone will
      > > correct me if I am wrong
      > > > about this.
      > > >
      > > > Love
      > > > Bobby G.