679Re: Indigo Children...off topic still

  • kmckenzie92765
    Jul 11 10:14 AM
      Are we allowed to wander off topic to any great length? Because this
      is an interesting topic to me and there is much I could say, but I
      wonder if that's okay?

      We could e-mail off the board, if you like.

      kathleen

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., lesley_j2001 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > I think there is a lot of validity to your point. What I can't
      > reconcile, though is that many parents of indigo children are
      having
      > trouble disciplining their kids. Did parents in previous
      generations
      > have the same issues as mentioned in the book? I wonder why that
      > style worked then, but it isn't working now? Is it that more
      parents
      > are opting for a different style and getting different results,
      > which makes children parented with the former style different? I
      > wonder if we are seeing a split between parents who read all the
      > latest parenting books and have changed their style to match the
      > latest experts' recommendations versus those who do as their
      parents
      > did? Is it that psychologists now have tests that assess behaviors
      > that may have existed before but were not assessable at that time?
      > Many unanswered questions for me.
      >
      > Lesley
      >
      > PS sorry for the implications that the former style is *wrong.* It
      > worked for an entire generation of families so it must have been
      > okay. I am a product of that generation. My mom is 73. I think I
      > turned out pretty much okay <g>. I just couldn't find a way to
      > express myself without the implied undertone.
      >

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "kmckenzie92765"
      > <kathleenm@y...> wrote:
      > > >

      > >My initial take on the book is to wonder whether the children
      > > have really changed or whether a sufficient number of adults have
      > > awakened (or been educated) to "see" realities in our children
      > that
      > > have always been there.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic