      From: medit8ionsociety
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 11:17 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Sandeep wrote...

      Dear Sandeep,

      We named this list Meditationsocietyofamerica because it serves as
      the message board for the Meditation Society of America. This group,
      our classes, The Inner Traveler newsletter (sample issue is at
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/it71808/index.html ), our web site,
      Meditation Station (15,000 - 20,000 "hits" daily
      http://www.meditationsociety.com ), are some of our humble efforts to
      share meditation concepts and techniques without any cult or
      religious obligations attached. This is getting to be harder and
      harder to find.

      --------

      Thank you Bob.
      Yes, not much profit in affirming that meditation, being the end of the "meditator", is the end of the meditation.
      ------

      We have as an aim, to make this knowledge very easily
      accessible . Perhaps we can look at meditation as a seeding of the
      garden, that when in full bloom, will lead to the "advent of an
      existing in a meditative space, which IS, irrespective of whether one
      is driving down an interstate or figuratively kicking some butt, or
      sitting in zazen?"

      --------

      I get what you are saying.
      Was just suggesting the possibility of the "meditating mind" becoming that much more entrenched, than the "mind" which hereto was chasing Corvettes.

      -----------

      You have asked a wonderful Jnana yoga-ish
      question, well worth meditating on: "Wonder that which depends on my
      doing or not doing, is it of any worth?" Just to be able to point to
      this is a great blessing. I'm presuming that this was written/typed
      in India,

      ------

      No, right now I am in the US but will be leaving over the week-end.

      -------

      and thus answers the question about "geographical location
      accepted or allowed". Also, and not unimportantly, sharing this stuff
      is, as the hip-hop kids say, way cool.

      ------

      LOL.

      Few days I sat with few teenagers and watching the movie 'Save the Last Dance" and was introduced to the concept of hip-hop.
      They were a bit dismayed that I could do the hip-hop, better than they and accused me being a teen disguised as "them".

      Yaba daba gopeeeee goooooo