5631Re: Direct Words of Sri Ramana on Guru and Silence/G

  • G
    Mar 31, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, asimpjoy
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > (snip)
      > > I sat in Silence this morning,
      > > And watched my mind chatter.
      > > ... I wonder if it will ever end?
      >
      > G: where is it rising from ?
      >
      > **** T: I don't know?

      > "Intellectually" I say it is a biochemical reaction in the brain.
      > First there is a perceptual stimulus, which then creates the
      reaction of thought, and then thinking creates the reaction of
      more thought - challenge and response, and then another
      challenge and another response, and so on and on.
      > ... A habitual process that just keeps on going, with seldom
      even a brief pause.

      > However, I don't think this is what you are asking, is it?
      > ... And so I say I don't know.

      G: really can you believe that chemicals make up thoughts ...?
      if that were true then a chemical could make one a genius...
      quit trying to give an intelligent answer and really look at it....

      so when thoughts come and go does that mean that
      chemicals are not stable that they also come and go?
      what chemical composition comprises the word OM ?
      very quickly one can see that this doesn't hold water.....

      g:> Where does it come from? And where does it go?

      T:> ... I don't know. I don't know?
      > Maybe I need to pay better attention?

      G: so how deeply have you really been enquiring into the nature
      of things? chasing and second guessing thoughts is not
      looking deeply into the nature of things... that is simply creating
      more surface motion... you need to observe ... patiently.....

      then question.... then equiry will begin..... when one get's sick
      and tired of it all..... then they will start to enquire and will
      confront themselves head on ... then barriers will fall.....

      > Love,
      > Tony

      shanti om and love
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic