5628Re: Direct Words of Sri Ramana on Guru and Silence/G

  • asimpjoy
    Mar 31 7:57 PM
      (snip)
      > I sat in Silence this morning,
      > And watched my mind chatter.
      > ... I wonder if it will ever end?

      G: where is it rising from ?

      **** T: I don't know?
      "Intellectually" I say it is a biochemical reaction in the brain.
      First there is a perceptual stimulus, which then creates the reaction
      of thought, and then thinking creates the reaction of more thought -
      challenge and response, and then another challenge and another
      response, and so on and on.
      ... A habitual process that just keeps on going, with seldom even a
      brief pause.

      However, I don't think this is what you are asking, is it?
      ... And so I say I don't know.

      Where does it come from? And where does it go?
      ... I don't know. I don't know?

      Maybe I need to pay better attention?

      Love,
      Tony