4868Email headers (more tech) continued...

  • Gene Poole <gene_poole@qwest.net>
    Mar 2, 2003
      Greetings again All...

      I read my last posting and noticed that the Yahoo system is
      deleting certain 'information' that I had included.

      Nonetheless, the message comes across essentially
      as I meant it to.

      Below, I have pasted the expanded headers from
      my last posting. Please note that I sent the posting
      directly from this group, via yahoo, and not from my
      own email client. Even so, Yahoo has included my
      actual email address in the headers, as well as my
      IP address! It may show up below or it may be
      'editied' out of the HTML (browser viewed) version.

      For educational purposes only...

      Remember, the way to see full headers in Yahoo
      is to click the [view source] link above the window.

      Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 07:21:03 -0000
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: how to expand headers in Yahoo (ABUSE)
      From: "Gene Poole < gene_poole@q... >" < gene_poole@q... >

      ------- end paste ------

      If you read carefully, you can see the names of the various
      Yahoo mailservers, the routing paths, dates, message ID,
      IP addresses, etc.

      This is the header info that any ISP abuse team needs to
      have in order to put a stop to abuse.

      You can expand headers in any email client such as Eudora
      or outlook. Just look in the help files to find out how.

      Even forged headers will reveal certain info tht experts can
      use to nail an offender... do not hesitate to ask your ISP
      abuse team for help, if you feel you need it.

      ==Gene Poole==

      Note: If you reply or forward this letter the 'headers'
      copy will be scrambled.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic