4858Re: Group med-G

  • texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@aol.com>
    Mar 2, 2003

      > G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
      > perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
      > but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is
      very
      > well known just hope the name is right..... but in any
      case it
      > is very nice work.......
      >
      > shanti om ....g...

      Hi Ganga:

      As Dan said it is called primitive in this country a lot. Although
      some is now being called "Outsider Art" I believe. Grandma Moses
      was one. In New Orleans it was Clementine Hunter. The work is very
      telling about upbringing and outlook on life. It is very unaffected
      or without affectations. Pure. And even though see is currently
      doing something different, Karta should know it is very popular in
      this country. A lot of collectors and galleries.

      Love
      Bobby G.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic