4774Re: #1 Life practice -Tony

    Mar 1, 2003

      Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

      > Someone once told me, one should practice to die
      > everynight before going to sleep, this way one is nice
      > and ready to live the next day! One should make that a
      > practice, it does quite well and one will be all ready
      > for death of form when the contract expires.

      Yeah, co-incidences. I just got done putting the art in place for the
      lead article in the next issue of The Inner Traveler. The title of the
      article and meditation technique is "Death and How to Prepare For It".
      Way cool that Jason mentions this exact thing in this Now. Gurdjieff
      indicated more than once that the goofiest thing people did was to act
      as if they were immortal and they had all the time in the world to get
      down to serious "Work". Meditating on Death isn't alot of fun, that's
      why it makes for excellent "Intentional Suffering". And Tonyji asks
      "Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?" Well, that's a
      significant point. Our ego's and body's, and emotions as well as our
      thoughts are as nothing, have come from nothing, and will certainly be
      nothing for billions of years. With this perspective in place, and it
      actually always is, One is free of everything that happened to or is
      happening to or will ever happen to the fantasy creature we have
      constructed that we call "Me". This Me has alot of "somethings"
      attached to it, and that's where our desire and thus our karma and
      suffering comes in. Without "Me", we have Nothing, and thus nothing to
      worry us. Unfortunatly we take that Me very seriously, and aren't
      serious at all about what we should be serious about, and that is the
      "Work" of annihilating this phantom person. So, as Chief Dan George
      said many times in the excellent film Little Big Man, "Today is a good
      day to die." And that is well worth meditating about.
      BTW, wait til you see the fantastic art that will be featured in the
      article I mentioned. New artist for us, and certainly world quality,
      as are all of our artists and authors. So, don't actually drop the
      physical just yet! :-)
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic