4704Re: [Meditation Society of America] re: mind trick

    Feb 27, 2003
      Ok - they always say that the simplist answer is usually the right
      one, so, as far as the ESP trick...
      Since we don't know what to expect, our habitual commentary and other
      mind chatter stops. This allows the universal consciousness to arise,
      and of course that consciousness knows everything, including what card
      we picked. Pretty obvious now that it's been explained, eh! :-)
      "Michael Read <maread@t...>" <maread@t...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, bardsley@c...
      > wrote:
      > > Yeah, very cute, though the maths stuff always signals 'trick'. Did
      > you see the one about picking cards on NDS recently? Cute also.
      > Thanks for passing this one on Michael.
      > >
      > > Grant.
      >
      > Yes, I saw that one with the cards. I think Jerry did the first post
      > on it on nds. It's another cutie. I remembered seeing that card trick
      > a few years ago. But I had put it so far out of mind (as it were)
      > that I had to solve the puzzle all over again.
      >
      > The way I puzzled the trick out was to pull back and simply observe
      > what the trick did when no card was picked. Then the solution 'jumped
      > out' so to speak.
      >
      > The card trick test of ESP can be found at
      > http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/home.htm
      >
      > And for some hilarious 'explainations' of the test
      >
      > http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/esp4.html
      >
      > live laugh love and be happy,
      >
      > michael
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic