459Journal Entry

  • eveneon
    Jun 9, 2002
      date:June 8
      time:8:00am
      duration: 40 minutes
      technique: focus on breath and body awareness

      Focused on the feeling of my body and watched my breath. Aware of
      mind chatter. Tried to separate from it. Used the mantra "detach" a
      few times. At this point I am still trying to build my concentration
      so I can hold meditative state for more than a few minutes at a time.
      Time passed quickly. Was interrupted once, but went right back into
      meditating. My cats came and sat with me.

      Later this day I meditated for a few moments outside in the hammock.
      Listened to sounds of nature in the yard. My body tried to distract
      me by presenting me with pain in my jaw.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic