375Re: Falling asleep

    May 28 11:34 PM
      Sleep is an unconscious state. Meditation is a conscious experience.
      When we concentrate and achieve a meditative state, an EEG would show
      brain waves between 8 and 13 MHz (Alpha). When we are in a deep
      sleep,
      we are at 1 to 4 MHz (Delta). The "zone" between, 4-8 MHz (Theta) is
      a very creative, intuitive time that we reach every time we are just
      waking up or falling asleep. When we go deeply into a meditative
      state, we can quickly go right past it and go directly to deep sleep.
      With practice, it becomes easier to maintain conscious connection
      with your inner Witness, and just watch your meditation flow by. It is
      said that when we are in deep sleep, our Witness rejoins the
      infinite,
      eternal Divine Consciousness, and when we wake up, we go back through
      the various levels and return to our usual state that registers
      between 14 and 25 MHz (Beta). Another factor that comes into play is
      that there is a tremendous endorphin release when we meditate, and
      that can be so relaxing that it is easy to feel so comfortable we
      doze off. This too will become easier to deal with as you continue
      your practice. I think it's great that you were able to stay focused
      for 30 minutes. As was said in My Fair Lady, "I think she's got it!"

      "kmckenzie92765" <kathleenm@y...> wrote:
      > Monday I spent an unprecedented 30
      > minutes in meditation and it didn't feel
      > all that strained. How do I know I didn't
      > fall asleep?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic