327Re: Meditation in Education

  • texasbg2000
    May 5, 2002
      Dear Bob

      I became a single parent in '79 when my two boys were 3 and 5 years
      old.

      I wanted to give them the tool of meditation. They were around 5 and
      7 when I judged them to be ready. When they got too active and
      needed to quieten is when I insisted they meditate. I showed them
      how to count their breaths, one on the intake, two on the outbreath,
      three on the next in breath, four on the out breath, and so on. Then
      I showed them each to count the whole breath as one, two, and so
      forth up to fifty breaths.
      The crucial thing was the one on one. I had to be very alert to
      watch them to see when they became distracted. When they did I put
      my hand on their head to remind them. After about four sessions they
      could count fifty breaths. They would only take about three minutes
      to do it but by then they had taken control of their lives again.

      Each has told me as an adult that he has used meditation when in
      times of great stress.

      Love
      Bobby G.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic