326Meditation in Education

    May 5, 2002
      One of the most important goals of the Meditation Society of America
      is getting Meditation taught in every level of schooling, from
      kindergarten to college. We often receive communications from
      educators asking how this can be done. Here is one received via Email
      today:
      "I am very interesrted in finding out how I can start a meditation
      project that would be ongoing in my school. I am a spiritual animator
      and I feel that this could be a wonderful gift for the students.
      Grade one to grade 6. I look forward to hearing from you."

      About 2 months ago, we taught a group of child care/pre school/after
      school directors and their staff very simple meditation techniques,
      such as relaxing the body, witnessing the breath, and visualizations.
      We have had feedback that they have been used and the kids were very
      receptive to it, and the staff themselves found it very useful. I'd
      appreciate any ideas that people from this group could offer in how
      this can be done. I don't think there is anything better we could do
      for our kids than to give them tools to help deal with the challanges
      and stress that will face them. Please share.
      Peace and blessings,
      Bob Rose, President,
      Meditation Society of America
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic