      <musicman153@h...>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > Greetings one and all,
      > > > Looking forward to getting to know you all. After joining this
      > > > group several days ago I've been watching with amazment
      at
      > > the number of members posting on a regular basis.
      Curiosity
      > > has me wondering if everyone here has a daily meditation
      > > Practice. I participate in several groups and have found few
      > > dedicated to the pursuit of Higher Consience enough to take
      the
      > > time to turn off the television perhaps light a candle and still
      > > oneself for long enough to realize that everythings ok. I know
      for
      > > me the most difficult thing to do was to disipline myself to
      take
      > > time daily to practice.
      > > > Just to let you know I click on those links you leave, If
      > > someone posts something interesting I look at their profiles
      find
      > > their homepages and generaly put a personality with the
      poster
      > > lol!
      > > > Peace
      > > > music
      > > > http://www.angelfire.com/il3/ulcspirit
      > >

      > > G: there are some that may disagree with this but i say yes a
      > > meditation practice is quite valid .... it is a way to allow the
      > mind
      > > to still and subside.... it also gives one the chance to really
      > > encounter all the mind drama that happens for most
      > > *unconsciously* every day..... in this you can see and then
      > > question these patterns.... eventually you get to the point
      where
      > > it naturally arises to question the "I" identity and belief
      > directly.....
      > > Once that is broken through then the conditioinings fall
      away.....

      > Hello Ganga and Music:
      >
      > Thank you Music you are right I believe. I meditate.
      >
      > I disagree Sri Ganga:
      >
      > There is no time in anyone's life when daily meditation is not
      > beneficial!
      >
      > The world of potential disturbance does not cease in its daily
      > challenge and meditation meets that challenge.
      >
      > The mind reacts to constant pressure from this world.
      Meditation
      > needs to be constantly reaffirmed, especially before and after
      sleep.

      > > eventually you will find that the tool of meditation is no longer
      > > required for the mind will remain in a stilled state.... what
      > > thoughts rise will be like clouds with no substance..... at that
      > > point one remains in meditation without the need to do active
      > > meditation....
      >
      > Remaining in meditation does not exclude the wonderful habit
      of the
      > asana. It is like saying having fun is not necessary as long as
      you
      > are having fun.
      >

      > > whatever comes will be encountered in Pure Awareness
      minus
      > > the minds ramblings and judgements and catagorizations....
      > > the past and future ruminations will be at an end ... the Now
      will
      > > be encountered as it IS.... Peace will be the heart center of
      > your
      > > awareness and not something clung to or manufactured....
      there
      > > will simply be a calm center in the midst of any rising storm
      that
      > > may appear on the surface..... you will no longer be drug out
      into
      > > another maelstrom of mind and it's resulting emotional
      > > upheavels.....
      > >
      > > so yes.... i say that meditation practice is valuable until it
      > falls
      > > away as a tool and bridge no longer needed.... it is not the
      end
      > > within itself but is a bridge to encounter what is already here
      in
      > > clear way.....
      > >
      > > shanti om ..g...
      >
      > As a pep talk I can agree that there is reason to say that
      meditation
      > practices may change at some point.
      >
      > Love
      > Bobby G.

      G: of course to you meditation remains a needed practice....
      so you feel that it will always need to remain in place....
      we are not really saying such different things... one needs
      not sit in a certain position to be within a stilled and open
      mind state that is called meditation.... there comes a time
      when this is ongoing... it is no longer a *practice* that
      needs to be accessed by sitting and attempting to put it into
      place.... it is an ongoing spontaneous reality ......

      many scriptures speak to this as well.... perhaps you just
      have not encountered it as yet and therefore deny its
      validity .... but i can say that Yes it can and does exist ....

      you of course may accept that or not .... in either case it will
      only be known as truth once you yourself encounter and
      rest therein......

      enjoy your journey.....

      to nowhere to go but finding the here and the Now as it IS........
      minus the delusionary plays of mind and ego...

      shanti om ...g..
    • Show all 79 messages in this topic