210Re: Hi, I'm new

  • pontifexxxmaximus
    Mar 9, 2002
      Last night I went to
      their "hamsa" mantra technique and found a more positive result. I
      also realized that I should not have laid down, nor should I have
      brought myself to normal awareness quite so quickly, which is what
      caused my dizziness. The site even provides music to meditate to and
      I'm contemplating which of the CDs to buy.

      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Welcome! Generally speaking, if something takes your peace away,
      > "bad", and if something let's you know real peace, it's "good". If
      > your admirable intention to change your confusion to clarity was
      > distracted by the dizzy feelings you experienced from the 4-4-8
      > technique, it probably indicates that this method is "bad" for you.
      > Of course, it can be said that one person's "dizzy" is another
      > "high", and for them, the exact same result from doing the 4-4-8
      > technique would be "good". Actually, It doesn't matter very much if
      > we call the experience good or bad. What is very important is that
      > your inner Witness recognized the dizzy effect. This indicates that
      > you were present, in the moment, alert to the reality of your life
      > it was taking place. You had put aside the usual habitual
      > about the future or rehashing the past, and were in the eternal
      > This is the only time "clarity" can occur, and where there is
      > clarity, there is no confusion. And the abscence of confusion is
      > of the prerequesits of being at peace. So, in a very real way, the
      > meditation was probably more beneficial for you than if you would
      > have had a mystical vision, or levitated, or if some other
      > event happened.
      > Persevere, try other techniques. You are close to realizing the
      > Witness as your Real Self and being aware that it is always present
      > and ready to let you merge with the greatest present - real peace.
      > One technique is to simply inhale what you seek, saturate yourself
      > with it and exhale that which you want to be rid of. This is called
      > the 1-1-1 pranayama (breathing technique). For instance, you would
      > fill with clarity, feel it fill you, and exhale confusion. The 1
      > could be for any time frame that is comfortable for you. Perhaps
      > inhale clarity for 1 second, hold the breath and saturate every
      > aspect of your being with purifying clarity for 1 second, and then
      > exhale all confusion for 1 second. Whatever feels right is the
      > time frame for your breathing pattern. You might also like to try
      > Dalai Lama technique which is also on the Meditation Station site
      > http://www.meditationsociety.com This method allows you to replace
      > all "bad" characteristics with "good" ones, and you don't have to
      > deal with your breath at all. In any event, please be patient with
      > your meditation evolution. There are wonder-full and beneficial
      > experiences ahead. You have always been at one with the inner
      > Witness, and you will definitly recognize this more and more and
      > gain the clarity you seek and more than you ever dreamed as well.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic