18877Re: Words of Wisdom by Voltaire

  • walterhorn
    Aug 1, 2014
      Thanks Bob.  I don't really know, but I was curious about it, so I did a little googling and found this:

      The Quote Yard

      Collection of Quotes, Quotations and Sayings

      Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.

      (No Ratings Yet)
      comments 0 Comments
      About Quote:

      Source: This quote is from “Practical lessons in Yoga” (1967) by Swami Sivananda; Page: 106.

      Misattribution: This quote is often misattributed to Voltaire, but no authentic source for this attribution is yet found.

      That was why I posted my doubts.  But, of course, maybe Voltaire DID say it someplace.  WTHDIK?