18590Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Mar 9 5:25 PM
      Balancing Emotions

      "Emotional upsets are due mostly to our lack of understanding.
      If we use our reasoning, we won't get into emotional upsets.
      We shouldn't give room for upsets, but that doesn't mean that
      we should be completely free from emotions. Emotions work from
      the heart. We should be loving. We should have tender hearts, compassionate hearts, but not blind attachment. Heart and head
      should go together. The head alone will not help us much. In the
      same way, heart alone will not help much. Mere reasoning without
      any feeling will be of no use. We'll be machines, robots, that's
      all. There should be feeling and will; use your will to balance
      your feelings. They should go together.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Join Satchidananda Ashram's Satsang every Saturday evening

      and share the archive with friends.

      7:30pm Eastern, with Livestream

      new.livestream.com/yogaville
    • Show all 193 messages in this topic