18559Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Feb 4, 2013
      Who am I?

      “Who am I? I search for the I, the real I. Without the I,
      of course, the ego can call itself the I, but who is the
      real Iâ€"without connecting itself to anythingâ€"just the pure
      I alone? Ask, who am I? I am a woman. What makes me a woman?
      Of course, if I don’t have this physical form, I can’t be
      called a woman; I must be a man. So it is the body that makes
      me a woman? Am I a mother? Yes, I am a mother. So, before the
      child, what was I? I was not a mother then. I am named mother
      because of the child. I am Mrs. So-and-So. Ah, and before the
      wedding? I was a Miss. So, likewise, ask yourself, ‘Who am I?’
      Go back, ask one question after another. That is the way to
      find out whom you are. You can sit and meditate, ask this
      question, again and again. Analyze yourself. Know your Self.

      “God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.”

      Get Integral Yoga's first app for iPhone and iPad, available on iTunes.
      Search for The Daily Guru.
    • Show all 199 messages in this topic