18534Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Jan 19, 2013
      The Solar System Within

      "We have a solar system within us. The body itself is
      a solar system; we have the sun within us. The inner
      sun is the sun of consciousness. With the inner consciousness,
      which we call the Self, Atman or the Atmic Sun, we understand everything. And just as the sun gives light and doesn't have
      any partiality but gives equally to everybody, the inner spirit,
      or Atman, just shines as pure consciousness itself. In the
      world of ignorance, which is darkness, the mind, which is
      our moon, receives the light of the consciousness (the Atma,
      or the sun) and reflects it on the worldly ignorance, the
      darkness. Once the real sunshine comes, the world will appear
      to be different—you see the entire world in a different way.
      That is the spiritual vision.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Join Satchidananda Ashram's Satsang every Saturday evening

      and share the archive with friends.

      7:30pm Eastern, with Livestream

    • Show all 199 messages in this topic