18529Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Jan 12, 2013
      Spiritual Experience

      "What is spiritual experience? I can try to describe it,
      but it's something to be experienced. Imagine if I told you:
      `Go to such and such shop, give so much money, ask for this
      particular fruit. The shape will be like this, it will smell
      something like this, remove the skin, remove the seed,
      in between you have the fleshy part. Put it in the mouth,
      then you will know how tasty it is.' That is all I can say.
      If you tell me, `Oh, I can't just believe you unless you show
      me how the taste is. I can't take the trouble of going to the
      shop and buying it and cutting and everything. Unless you show
      me the taste, I won't try that.' But, unless you try the fruit,
      you won't understand the taste.

      "God bless you. Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      Inspiration Line

      Hear an inspiration message from Sri Swami Satchidananda
      by calling 434-WOW-GURU. New and improved software brings
      an even better sound quality and more reliable system.
      New message the first of each month. Call and be inspired
      any time and from anywhere you are.
    • Show all 201 messages in this topic