18462Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Nov 3, 2012
      Love Thy Neighbor

      "Once you realize the Self in you, then you become
      the master of your own body and mind. With that
      realization of the Self, you can see the very same
      Self in others. It's only then that you can have
      universal love and that you can love everybody as
      your own Self. Only then will it be possible for us
      to follow this command: `Love thy neighbor as thy own Self.'
      Otherwise, how are we going to see our own Self in our
      neighbor? To see our own Self in the neighbor, we should
      know what our Self is first. So first know thyself, then
      see the same Self in your neighbor and then love the neighbor
      as your own Self. Gradually the practice of Yoga leads us
      to this Self-knowledge.

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
    • Show all 195 messages in this topic