18457Just Two Words

    Oct 26, 2012
      There once was a monastery that was very strict.
      Following a vow of silence, no one was allowed to
      speak at all. But there was one exception to this rule.
      Every ten years, the monks were permitted to speak just
      two words. After spending his first ten years at the
      monastery, one monk went to the head monk.

      "It has been ten years." said the head monk.
      "What are the two words you would like to speak?"

      "Bed... hard..." said the monk.

      "I see," replied the head monk.

      Ten years later, the monk returned to the head monk's office.
      "It has been ten more years." said the head monk.
      "What are the two words you would like to speak?"

      "Food... stinks..." said the monk.

      "I see," replied the head monk.

      Yet another ten years passed and the monk once again met
      with the head monk who asked,
      "What are your two words now, after these ten years?"

      "I... quit!" said the monk.

      "Well, I can see why." replied the head monk.
      "All you ever do is complain."
      permission from the copyright owner.