18385Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Aug 11, 2012
      The Inner Voice

      "We talk a lot, but the more we talk the more we
      miss someone talking from within. Mahatma Gandhi
      used to say that it is the Antaratma, the inner soul,
      the light within you, that guides you, that speaks
      to you always. But unfortunately, because we are too
      noisy, we seem to miss that guidance from within.
      In deep meditation we try to still the mind. You should
      not think that only by talking aloud, you are talking.
      Even without any audible sound, you can talk. The moment
      you think, you are talking. Every thought is a word.
      Thinking has its own form and it disturbs that stillness.
      By mere thinking you are talking internally and you
      could disturb that stillness, thus missing the talking
      of the inner voice or inner consciousness.