18383Re: blackness while meditating

    Aug 11, 2012
      "dlonepilgrim" <dlonepilgrim@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I am new here. A friend who has started meditating about 2 years ago, came to me with a problem. Since I have never experienced this, I could not explain it or help him. May be someone here can throw some light on this.
      >
      > He seems to 'see' or experience absolute darkness or blackness while meditating, and gets frightened.He is not able to continue because of the fear.
      >
      > dlonepilgrim

      Yes, it is not that uncommon to have an experience that is
      off-putting while meditating. There are lots of ways to deal
      with this like trying to face the fear or understand just "who"
      is being afraid, etc., but perhaps it would just be more
      beneficial to simply try a different technique than the one
      during which the "bad" experience took place. I suggest
      that your friend check out the methods found on the Archive
      section of our site http://www.meditationsociety.com/archive.html
      and if one or more seem to call to them, actually try to do it.
      There is light within and to erase any darkness, we just have
      to initiate an intention for it to shine. Meditation is the
      safest and most proven (en)lightening instrument.