18279Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    May 19, 2012
      The Unchanging

      "All these differences among us are caused by
      our wrong perception, by our perceiving what
      is not the spirit as the spirit, or by attributing
      the mind and bodily changes to the spirit, which
      never changes. When we know this, we will see
      that there are two entities in us all: the one
      that is common and never-changing, and the one
      that is always uncommon and ever-changing. A person
      and his or her mind changes always┬Śminute by minute,
      second by second. We're not the same in that we
      don't possess the same body or the same mind, but
      we are the same in that we always possess the same
      spirit. And that's the same in everybody and in
      everything. So that is the real vision of unity in
      diversity. Yoga aims for that perception.

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
    • Show all 193 messages in this topic