18270Words of Wisdom by George William Russell - AE. (4/10/1867-7/17/1935)

    May 7, 2012
      "When our lamp is lit, we find the house of
      our being has many chambers, and creatures live
      there who come and go, and we must ask whether
      they have the right to be in our house; and
      there are corridors there leading into the hearts
      of others, and windows which open into eternity,
      and we hardly can tell where our own being ends
      and another begins, or if there is any end to our
      being. If we brood with love upon this myriad
      unity, following the meditation ordained by Buddha
      for the brothers of his order, to let our minds
      pervade the whole wide world with heart of love,
      we come more and more to permeate, or to be
      pervaded by the lives of others. We are haunted
      by unknown comrades in many moods, whose naked
      souls pass through ours, and reveal themselves
      to us in an unforgettable instant, and we know
      them as we hardly know those who are the daily
      comrades of our heart, who, however intimate,
      are hidden from us by the husk of the body.
      As the inner life grows richer we beget more
      of these affinities. We wonder what relation with
      them is rightly ours. Do we affect them by a
      sympathy unknown to them as they move us by a
      revelation more intimate than could be uttered
      by words? We discover in ourselves a new sense."
      permission from the copyright owner.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic