18255Mindfulness

    Apr 22, 2012
      "Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself
      in the future. The past no longer is, the future
      has not yet come. Looking deeply at life as it is,
      in the very here and now, the practitioner dwells
      in stability and freedom. We must be diligent today,
      to wait until tomorrow is too late. Death comes
      unexpectedly. How can we bargain with it? The sage calls
      a person who knows how to dwell in mindfulness night
      and day, `One who knows the better way to live alone.'"

      The Buddha, from Bhaddekaratta Sutta
      permission from the copyright owner.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic