18221Words of Wisdom By Swami Satchidananda

    Mar 24 6:49 PM
      Attach Yourself to Good Things

      "If the mind is completely detached from everything,
      if there is no personal desire, then you are
      liberated. Of course, people may ask, 'How could
      we achieve complete detachment all of a sudden?
      It's impossible!' But there is one way. First, you
      attach yourself to good things. That's why in the
      beginning of Yoga practice, we sort out painful and
      painless vrittis, or thought forms. The painful ones
      are the desires that will bring us trouble, the
      desires that will cause us pain. Slowly, take all
      those desires and replace them with desires like
      universal love, kindness, mercy, sharing. These types
      of virtuous qualities should be developed at the cost
      of the non-virtuous ones. Once you are established in
      those qualities, you can more easily let go of any
      personal desires. Real peace is found in a desireless state.

      Follow Swami Satchidananda on Twitter at
      twitter.com/SwSatchidananda for daily inspiration.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic