18066Words of Wisdom by Swami Sivananda

    Dec 2, 2011
      PERFECT RENUNCIATION

      Vedanta does not want you to renounce the world.
      It wants you to change your mental attitude and
      give up this false, illusory `I-ness' and `mine-ness'.
      The snake charmer removes only the two poisonous
      fangs of the cobra. The snake remains the same. It hisses,
      raises its hood and shows its fangs. In fact, it
      does everything as before. The snake charmer has
      changed his mental attitude towards the snake. He has
      a feeling now that it has no poisonous fangs. Even so,
      you must remove the two poisonous fangs of the mind,
      namely, `I-ness' and `mine-ness' only. Then you can
      allow the mind to go wherever it likes. Then you
      will always have the feeling of the presence of God.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic