18000[Meditation Society of America] Re: A Most Unusual Deathbed Scene

  • dan330033
    Oct 20, 2011
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "walto" <calhorn@...> wrote:

      > I'm going to honor Sean's request and not get into a tit-for-tat with you. These arguments are pointless and unbecoming, so I'm afraid you'll have to get a room with somebody else.

      D: Hi Walto -

      I wasn't aware we were arguing - to me it felt like expressing ideas for the enjoyment of it. There's no such thing as being "right" via words, in some kind of final way - I'm not looking for that.

      Discussing is fun - particularly if both discussants are enjoying themselves. Yes, I said "both" ... <s>

      I don't need to get a room - I already have a room with a view ... <s>

      > I'll conclude my bit by saying here that I disagree with most of your last post and add that if you weren't (as I fear) just making glib remarks and are sincerely interested in the stuff you asked about with respect to the nature of the self, I recommend you pick up Derek Parfit's first book.

      D: I am speaking from direct awareness/experience, not from someone's book, not to be glib, and not to pass on ideas I got from someone else. It's just how it makes sense to me, to express myself. As I said, for the enjoyment of it. Seems natural as a human being to express through words. Something about words being translated into ideas, and going back and forth through cyberspace, is appealing - not sure why.

      - Dan
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic