17924A Heads-up From a Zen Master

    Oct 14, 2011
      Fa-yen,a Chinese Zen teacher, overheard a few young monks
      arguing about subjectivity and objectivity. He joined
      them and said: "There is a big stone. Do you consider
      it to be inside or outside your mind?"
      One of the monks replied: "From the Buddhist viewpoint
      everything is an objectification of mind, so I would
      say that the stone is inside my mind."
      "Your head must feel very heavy," observed Fa-yen,
      "if you are carrying around a stone like that in your mind."
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic