17773Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Am I The Only One Who Is Going To Die?

  • sandeep chatterjee
    Aug 5, 2011

      From: walto <calhorn@...>
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 5, 2011 4:33 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Am I The Only One Who Is Going To Die?

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sandeep chatterjee <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

      >Because you cannot possible know what is not in within the boundaries >of the known.

      Yes and no. One can know something that WAS not within the boundaries of the known,

      That which was not within the known......the "was-not" needs the field of the known to be known as a "was-not", thus dependent on the known and finally can be seen to be a mere modification of the known, if the sense of investment in this particular was-not knowledge is pierced through.

      but, of course, as soon as somebody knows it, it is no longer outside the boundaries of the known.

      I admit that the phrase has a nice paradoxical ring to it, though--as did your remarks about criteria for knowledge, in which you sometimes use the term "criteria" to mean necessary conditions and other times to refer to sufficient conditions. Equivocation makes for easy concoction of paradox stews.

      -----

      Fun and games.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic